Date: August 2023
Job Title: Legal & Privacy Administrator
The Legal & Privacy Administrator is part of the legal and privacy function part of the wider Finance and Transformation team. The function is responsible for Internal Audit, HSE, Facilities, Risk, GDPR and Legal. This role will report into the Risk & Privacy Manager. They will be responsible for providing support across all of these areas in some capacity with the main focus on facilities, HSE and audit. This role provides assurance that our commitment to meeting our Legal and Moral obligations are maintained and a safe and healthy working environment for all.
The candidate will join the apprenticeship levy and will have access gain HSE qualifications.
Role Description & Purpose
- Responsible for ensuring all business policies are kept up to date by policy owner. With any changes communicated out to the business on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain a full audit timeline plan and communicated to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure audit notes and processes are written up and filed correctly in line with governance.
- Maintain the legal compliance register.
- Working with the business to ensure the 3 offices are maintained in line with regulations and insurance requirements. Developing key relationships with the 3 managers at each site.
- Answering queries and task related problem solving relating to the facilities.
- Submitting maintenance requests, monitoring, and chasing up incomplete jobs.
- Managing the inhouse system, monitoring it and dealing with new and existing tickets that have been raised.
- Liaising with the Site Managers / Champions and Facilities Managers to ensure a high standard of general housekeeping throughout the building, ensuring good workplace practice and hygiene.
- Maintaining accurate records / trackers / registers to ensure legal obligations are assured.
- Directing HSE queries as they arise and administering all incident / accident / near- miss / environmental paperwork as required and chasing to ensure they are resolved appropriately and in a timely manner.
- General adhoc administrative tasks as required by Line Manager and wider Leadership Teams
- Maintenance of the risk & opportunities register. Working with the Risk and Privacy manager to ensure challenge and mitigation in place.
- Any ad hoc administration duties
- Support on GDPR & Legal where required.
- Support the on separation projects where required.
- Confident and professional individual with excellent administration skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrate confidentiality and integrity, working with discretion in the handling of personal data ensuring that information is handled appropriately.
- Ability to prioritise effectively and organise own workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills demonstrating the ability to relate professionally to staff and external contractors.
- Willingness to undertake role based training, (such as Nebosh General Certificate).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office & Outlook.
- Ability to travel as required on an ad hoc basis
At Equita, part of Capita Enforcement Services, we’re shaping the future of enforcement and debt recovery. We’re working with over 200 local authorities, as well as solicitors on High Court Enforcement cases, to help with collection, recovery, and enforcement. Join us and discover better as you help to protect organisations from the impact of debt.
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you